April 26, 2005

late night

i was up kinda late last night. Josh and I were emailing back and forth, and then my mom caught me. It was 11 here, and i guess it was 10 there. So mom wanted to know about this josh guy, and i asked if i could accept $ from him for a sub to my zine, and she said ok. Josh, I said $25 a yr, i meant in canadian. Probably $20 american, I am not good w currency conversion.
So, I got to bed around midnight. It's a wonder i made it to school.
I wanted to start posting my poems on here, so bear w me. This was only written last night, probably not very good. Not written to anyone in particular, just general.

I wish you were here
To see the curses I bear
I wish you wouldn't leave
Me to my own devices.
At a time when I need you
so much,
I wish you wouldn't
turn such a blind ear
And block the sounds of my
silent tears.
What I'm asking is not so
extraordinary. Just that you
stay while I need you right now.
And listen to words I can't express.
You fill in my hole,
my missing peice.
Until I heal, I need you.
You listen better than anyone.
And your worth to me
cannot be named
For you can't put a price
on true friends.

2005 Mandi Johnson

4 Comments:

At 6:28 PM, Blogger Sole Mates for Life said...

lol, ill buy 2 at that price

 
At 6:28 PM, Blogger Sole Mates for Life said...

lol, ill buy 2 at that price

 
At 6:36 PM, Blogger paintingwords said...

v funny.

 
At 11:59 PM, Blogger Sole Mates for Life said...

heh ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home